The Best Exercises For Lower-back Pain
If you are experiencing lower-back pain, it's important to address the underlying cause of the pain and to choose exercises that will help to alleviate the pain and improve your posture and core strength. Here are some exercises that may be helpful:
- Stretches: Gentle stretches can help to relieve tightness in the muscles of the lower back. Examples include the knee-to-chest stretch, the pelvic tilt, and the hamstring stretch.
- Strengthening exercises: Strengthening the muscles of the lower back, as well as the abdominal and hip muscles, can help to improve posture and reduce pain. Examples include the bird dog, the pelvic tilt, and the bridge.
- Core exercises: A strong core can help to reduce the risk of lower-back pain and improve posture. Examples include the plank, the side plank, and the bicycle crunch.
- Aerobic exercise: Engaging in regular aerobic exercise can help to improve posture and reduce pain. Examples include cycling, swimming, and walking.
- Yoga: Yoga can help to improve posture, relieve tension in the lower back, and reduce pain. Yoga poses such as the downward-facing dog, the child's pose, and the cat-cow stretch can be especially helpful for lower-back pain.